Monday 4 April 2016

Q & A



Q: Is my baby too young to attend a playgroup that teaches language primarily?
A: Well, did you not start to teach ur baby "daddy" "mummy" "ah gong" "ah ma" from day 1?
Also, NUS researchers have already confirmed babies as young as 6 months old can differentiate the 4 tones of mandarin pronunciation. (What about younger than 6 months old? Well, they haven't run the research on that so there's no verdict on that yet.)

Q: Is my baby too young to attend a class with song, dance & craft?
A: It's ok, you can carry your LO and hold your LO's hands to complete tasks in the class. LO would feel the motion and the rhythm. This is a very natural way of learning with mummy. Not to mention, it give you ample bonding opportunities.

Q: My child is so young. I'm not sure if he/she would be interested in learning Chinese.
A: Firstly, babies don't discriminate anything you try to teach them. This is fact. They absorb like a dry sponge!
Also, you will see how I teach with lotsa fun in the trial class. My ex-students from all ages all level always say this to me "I wish my teachers (back in school) taught me this way. I would have done so much better."
IMHO, the moment students lose interest in what their teachers teach, it's just downhill from there. So what I always focus on is how to capture student's interest.
In the early education sector, however, it is also important to capture parents' interest so that you all find it fun to practice with your LOs between my weekly classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment